Nothing ruins a tile installation like the inevitable cracks in the substrate. Uncoupling mats have been around for years, but USG takes things to the next level with their Durock™ Brand Uncoupling Mat, a waterproof underlayment membrane that helps suppress the transfer of lateral movement in a subfloor to preserve the integrity of the tile installation.
Features & Benefits:
- Provides uncoupling, waterproofing, and vapor management of the substrate
- Lighter, thinner alternative to 1/4″ tile underlayment panels
- Low density core helps keep the membrane flat during installation
- Rot-proof and resistant to solvents and alkalis
- Ceramic tile installation can take place immediately after the membrane is installed
- Approved for use with modified and unmodified mortars
Durock™ Brand Uncoupling Mat is also an ideal solution for upstairs tile jobs as one 40 pound roll is equal to over 560 lbs of 3′ x 5′ x 1/4″ underlayment (24 sheets). Visit the USG website for more detailed information, and ask your Boone rep to see this product up close and learn how it could be the right solution for your tile jobs.